The Man Conference went very, very well. A couple of observations:
- This was the last of the regional Calvary Chapel Men's Conferences here in Ottawa. I partnered with Rob Dale from Bikers Church and City Church to throw this party, and we liked it. We are planning on looking at doing something together again next year. I think we'll do a different conference all together as a Regional Calvary Chapel gathering, and I hope to have some details within the next couple of months.
- Rob has done a great job with the facility at City Church. That's a great place to have a conference and their people are super friendly, eager to serve, just wonderful.
- Ken went for 1 hour and 55 minutes on Friday night with no breaks. And no one moved, budged, fidgeted or complained. Which is remarkable, considering our guys.
- Cam Dunn knows how to rock!
- Randy and Joel are humble servants. I was really proud of them and how they handled themselves. These guys are jewels.
- This wouldn't have happened without Dan Woods, Daniel A., Jon Juane, and Daniel G.
- Javaid's Butter Chicken is the best in Ottawa. It's a Pakistani recipe. I want to bathe in it.
- It's good to hear men pray, out loud, to our King.
- Apparently, if you spend any time with the guys in Lowertown, you will likely find yourself at the Shawarma Palace around midnight…
I don't have the final numbers, but I would guess that we were right around 150 guys give or take 10, from all over, even Florida.
I thought we had an exceptional time Saturday night as well. It's like the party kept going, even though I took a nap in the afternoon. Josh led us in worship, what a sweet, wonderful time, a couple of new songs, with some great words, causing me to think afresh and reflect on God's goodness.
We are in the middle of a 3 part series in James 3 and 4. I gave it all I had, and I think God was honored. There's lots of new people. It felt full.
Sunday morning was really interesting. None of our regulars were there, but a handful of people that missed Saturday night came. I was all geared up to have a nice small staff meeting. Randy started singing, and in poured these totally unexpected folks. Our worship times have been amazing there, Randy led us, I don't want it to stop. The Holy Spirit is there, the room is full of love, peace, joy and that sense that everything is going to be okay. The Bible study was still fresh for me, and I'm happy with how it came out. There was a couple of things that I wanted to include that I hadn't Saturday night, so Sunday morning guys got a little more than the others.
It was a busy weekend, but by the time it was all over, Sunday afternoon, I had this overwhelming sense of there being lots of fruit, that it was all worth it, and the fatigue was earned for the right reasons. A couple of quotes from the weekend:
- I learned more in the last 24 hours than I did all last year in rehab.
- This church has brought me so many firsts, I'm just so in love with Jesus (Christ) right now.
- This really reminds me of CC St. Pete back when we were in the warehouse.
- My guys are just blown away. They aren't going to forget this any time soon.
- Where was the 3 point plan? It was all fresh perspective of truth! The applications take care of themselves.
- I don't remember hearing to do anything, but I know that I want to be a better man, better husband, and a better father.
- This wasn't long enough.
- Man, these bikers are awesome! And they love the Lord!
- I love Pentecostals! God has really done a work of healing in me.
- You hippies! Make a decision!